Unless you can write some pages of history (which is unlikely if you’re not a president, a dealer or a celebrity) you should try to read some.
Learn from the past and get to know those who were there before you, because history shows you will be better than them.
You should, but if you don’t know who set the high bar for us, how do you know what to improve?
Here are some cool facts about the past:
1. $4,250,000. The figure represents George Washington’s personal expenses in eight years, before he actually became president of the United States.
At least, he didn’t smoke:)
2. 1896. the first public screening of a pornographic motion picture. I wonder if my great grandmother’s mother saw it. She was about 20.
3. In the last 3500 years it has been estimated we had only 230 years of peace throughout the world. Well, it doesn’t get boring this way.
4. Humans appeared 200.000 years ago. Written records begin 6.000 years ago. Which means 97% of history is lost.Imagine if we had to study more than this 3%!
5. Benjamin Franklin wrote a scientific paper about farts. He suggested that scientists develop something to eat with food to make fart smell more pleasant.
6. People of the Mongol empire did not believe in washing their clothes or themselves. Clothes were only changed until they fell off or tore apart.
They were saving alot of time.
7. The European Union was born due to Britain, who refused France’s offer of joining forces. Selfishness pays off, after all.
8. Bamboo torture was used in East and South Asia by japanese soldiers, in WW II. The torture consists of a bamboo shoot growing through the victim’s body.
Yeah, they were making a sharp stick grow through your body! And we think life today is hard.
That’s it for tonight’s insomnia…